Connecting to City Water

A Water Connection concerns residents who are not currently connected to the City water and are currently using a private well. To connect to City water, follow these parameters:

  • Residents interested in connecting to City water are required to obtain a Water Connection Permit.
  • In addition to obtaining a water connection permit residents must also hire a licensed contractor to make the connection according to City standards within the City Right of Way. Within the City limits, work on private property can be done by the owner.
  • A Building Permit must be obtained prior to connecting the new connection to the house. The Building Permit may be obtained at the Building Inspection counter at:
    Ceres City Hall Annex
    2220 Magnolia Street
    Ceres, CA 95307
  • Existing private wells must be abandoned.
  • Water/Sewer Connection Fees (PDF)
  • Water Connection and Service Application (PDF)
  • Fees increase on July 1 of every year.

Please call the Engineering Division at 209-538-5792. They will tell you the availability of water at your residence and the associated connection costs. Encroachment and building permits are required.