City-Wide Active Transportation Plan (ATP)
We would like your help in shaping the Plan’s walking and biking recommendations!
PROJECT PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
What Is the Plan?
The City of Ceres is preparing a Citywide Active Transportation Plan!
The Citywide Active Transportation Plan is an exciting opportunity to provide enhanced connections and safe infrastructure for people walking and bicycling in Ceres. It will provide strategies and recommended projects for pedestrian and bicycle improvements throughout the city. The Plan will incorporate abundant local community input, with creative engagement intended to bring a wide variety of voices to the planning process.
What Are the Plan’s Key Objectives?
The Plan’s main objectives are to:
Enhance safety, convenience and comfort for people walking and bicycling to/from local destinations such as:
- Residential neighborhoods
- Local schools
- Local parks
- Places of employment
- Shopping centers
- Downtown Ceres
- Develop an Active Transportation Plan to serve as a user-friendly master plan document for non-motorized travel, making walking and bicycling within Ceres safe, convenient, and enjoyable.
- Actively seek input from the Ceres community, engaging a wide variety of community members throughout the planning process.
- Propose specific projects to guide future pedestrian and bicycle improvements in Ceres that are realistic, implementable, and fundable.
- Develop a coordinated implementation strategy for near-term and long-term improvements and programs, including the identification of grant funding opportunities for infrastructure improvements and supportive programs.
- Establish policy and design recommendations to improve walking and bicycling throughout the City.
What is Active Transportation?
Active transportation refers to any form of transportation that is human powered, primarily walking and bicycling. A high-quality Active Transportation Network provides safe, comfortable, and enjoyable pathways and bikeways that connect people to neighborhoods, destinations and transit stops.
Provide your input on walking and bicycling conditions and give us your ideas for pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure and programs in Ceres.
- Provide input at interactive community workshops
- Participate in open-house meetings
- Submit feedback and ideas through in-person surveys
If you have any questions on the Ceres Citywide Active Transportation Plan, please contact Max Navarro at Max.Navarro@ci.ceres.ca.us or at (209) 538-5630.