Although the Governor has lifted the Emergency Regulation on water conservation for the majority of the state, groundwater systems such as ours are still impacted. Due to this fact the City remains in Stage II of the drought preparedness resolution until the reporting mandate is lifted. Additionally, even though the state of California saw substantial precipitation during the last water year, the City continues to urge our residents to remember that the next drought could be right around the corner and that water conservation is a way of life.
The City of Ceres is committed to partnering with our residents on water saving technology and equipment to better utilize the produced water supply. The City currently offers water audits for residential accounts, setting of irrigation systems, and rebate programs for dishwashers, smart irrigation controllers, toilets, washing machines, and turf replacement.
Refer to the outdoor watering schedule below in bold for restrictions. For a complete set of rules and regulations please review the City's municipal code, section 13.04.130.
Water in the Yard This Summer Flyer lists information on efficient outdoor watering practices.
Watering Schedule & Restrictions
- Addresses ending in an even number (0,2,4,6,8) may water on Tuesday and Saturday.
- Addresses ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7,9) may water on Sunday and Wednesday.
- No watering on Mondays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
- No watering any day from 12 noon to 7 p.m.
To report water wasters please call the Public Works office at (209) 538-5732.
Penalties for Water Waste
- 1st offense is a Warning
- 2nd offense is a $20 fine
- 3rd offense is a $100 fine
- 4th offense is a $250 fine
- 5th offense is a $500 fine
- Subsequent citations within one calendar year from warning will be a $500 fine each.
The City of Ceres allows water waivers for the following reasons:
- Health/Safety: California Health and Safety Code
- Irrigation: Check System, Installation and Maintenance
- Livelihood: Businesses that depend on water usage such as painters, pool contractors, irrigation contractors
Contact the Public Works office to request a water waiver at (209) 538-5732 during working hours.