The Building Division responsibilities include:
- Provide code information on the phone and at the counter for the public and staff
- Field inspect new and remodeled structures
- Accept plan check submissions, route to County and internal departments
- Issue over the counter permits such as re-roof, HVAC, service upgrades, swimming pools, patio covers
- Calculate and collect Public Facility Fees
The Building Division ensures that safety standards are met for building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and various state and municipal codes for new construction, remodeling, additions and demolitions.
Inspection requests can be made by calling Stanislaus County 24-Hour Inspection Request Line at (209) 525-6557.
No building or structure regulated by this code shall be erected, constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, improved, removed, converted or demolished unless a separate permit for each building or structure has first been obtained from the Building Official.
View answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Building Division.
State law requires that you indicate on the application for a building permit whether you need to comply with certain hazardous materials and air pollution laws before obtaining approval to build or occupy proposed facilities.
The purpose of these Guidelines is to establish landscaping regulations that are intended to enhance the aesthetic appearance of development by providing standards relating to quality, quantity, and functional aspects of landscaping and landscape screening.